Table of Contents
We provide Free Customer Support for all Curly Themes products through our quick and easy ticket application interface. Please limit your inquiries to problems related to the Weekly Class Schedule Plugin, its setup and features. For any problems concerning third-party plugins you should address the application’s developer.
Note: We can not offer support for custom CSS code customization. You should ask a professional developer for aid if you require help with advanced customization and programming.
Curly Themes offers a free ticket support application for all clients, through a real-time license code automatic verification. The dedicated app is fast and easy to use and includes an email notification feature. We will let you know as soon as your inquiry has received an answer. Thanks to our modern design, you can also upload images as an attachment to your support ticket.
Before writing a ticket please get your Purchase Code and your License Certificate:
Before opening a new ticket, please make sure you have read through all our documentation. Also, our FAQ section contains helpful answer to questions we often receive from our customers. Following these steps is in the users’ interest, as they will save valuable time. Still, we are always happy to respond to any inquiries you may have related to the Weekly Class Schedule Plugin.
Installing the Plugin
Before installing this plugin, you need to have a WordPress platform already installed on your server. You can download it from WordPress.org, if you don’t have it already.
If you do not know how or you have problems with the installation, you can access helpful information at:
Once you have a working WordPress on your server, you have two available ways to install this plugin.
- Step 1 – Unzip the .zip package file you downloaded from Code Canyon and locate the folder named weekly-class
- Step 2 – Upload this folder on your server in your WordPress directory to /wp-content/plugins/
The second way to install the plugin is by logging in from your website’s http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin/ to the WordPress Dashboard and:
- Step 1 – Go to Appearance > Plugins > Add New > Upload
- Step 2 – From there, you should select the file weekly-class.zip from your computer
- Step 3 – After clicking the Install Now button, the installation process is finished
- Step 4 – After installing the plugin is recommended to activate it by clicking Activate Plugin
Activating the Weekly Class Schedule Plugin
After you have completed the install process, in either of the two ways, you need to activate it in case you didn’t already in the WordPress installation method.
Log in to the WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins >Installed Plugins and select Weekly Class Schedule Plugin. Click the Activate button and you can start using the plugin.
Importing the Demo Content
In the Weekly Class Schedule download package you can find the Classes XML file (located in the demo content folder) that you can use for a quick classes set up. Images are not included in the XML file.
To import the demo XML file, in the WordPress dashboard go to Tools > Import and select to install from the list WordPress Importer. After the installation is complete, select and upload the XML file. You can find the Classes XML file in the demo content folder at root level in the Weekly Class Schedule download package.
After this, the imported posts will appear in your Classes > All Classes tab.
You can import also the demo schedules. In the Weekly Class Schedule download package you can find the Schedule JSON file (located in the demo content folder) that you can use for a quick schedules set up.
To import the demo JSON file you should go at Classes > Schedule Builder and click on the Backup Options button, to reveal a row of buttons. Click on the Choose File button, to browse for the demo JSON file, select it and click on the Import Backup. If you wish to create a backup of your own schedules, you can use the Download Backup button, that will export your schedules in a JSON file.
Quick Plugin Setup
After installing and activating the Weekly Class Schedule plugin, the options panel, named Classes, will appear in your dashboard on the left sidebar, between the tabs Comments and Appearance:
You will be able to fill your schedule with events by adding Classes, just like regular WP posts. Each Class post can be customized with various options and you can assign Class Types, Locations and Instructors.
Adding a New Class
Go to Classes > Add New to create a new class entry, just like you would create a normal post. After you publish the post, the entry will appear in your schedule. You can customize the class with the Schedule Class options box, on the right sidebar:
- Schedule Class – Use the schedule calendar to choose the date for your Class.
- Starting Time – Use the select boxes to choose the starting time for your Class. You can leave the No Repeat option active to make it a one time event, or you can choose Repeat Weekly, to create a Class that will be scheduled every week, at the same time, with the same settings.
- Last Repeat Date – If you set the event as Repeat Weekly, you can use this field to choose a last repeat date. This will be the last date when the event will be displayed in the schedule.
- Class Duration – Use the bar to select how long is the Class. The minimum length is 10 minutes and the maximum is 6 hours.
- Status – If you want to display the event as canceled, you can use this select box to switch from Live to Canceled. If it is a Repeat Weekly class, all classes will be canceled. A canceled class will appear in your schedule with all the words crossed out. The option Canceled Dates is only for weekly repeatable events and allows scheduling dates when the event will be canceled, without affecting the weekly recurrence.
For each class, from the right side boxes, you can assign Class Types, Locations and Instructors. Class Types can be first level or have a Parent Class. You can create Class Types, Locations and Instructors directly from the boxes or through the dedicated options panel in the Classes module.
- Class Image – You can assign a featured image for the class. This will be displayed in the pop-up modal window for all schedule and directly in the schedule for the Plain List style and the Events Carousel.
- Action Button – You can create a Call-to-action button for the class with one of the four available functionalities: Go to page, Go to custom URL, Email or Download iCal Event.
If you wish to add a map for the class, you can configure it in the Map Details tab with the following options:
- Map Latitude – Enter the latitude coordinates so the map will show your desired location.
- Map Longitude – Enter the longitude coordinates so the map will show your desired location.
- Map Type – Choose one of the four map types available: Roadmap, Satellite, Hybrid and Terrain. Default is set to Roadmap.
- Map Color Theme – Choose a color theme for the map: Light, Dark or leave it Default.
- Map Zoom – Enter the zoom level of the map, from 1 to 18.
Please note, the map will be displayed in the pop-up modal window and it will appear only if you set a valid value for latitude and longitude coordinates.
For the Events Carousel schedule style, you can add an Excerpt, that will be displayed in the class carousel element, below the image. The Excerpt tab is at the bottom of the page, below Individual Page Settings.
Go to Classes > Class Types to create and manage your class types. Those will be displayed, for each class, in your schedule timetable.
- Name – Type in the name for your class type. Examples: Fitness, Yoga, Latino.
- Slug – The link slug for the class type will be auto generated. You can type in a custom one.
- Parent – If you want, you can assign a parent to the class type.
- Description – If you want, you can add a description for the class type. This will be displayed in a pop-up, when clicking on the Class Type name in the schedule. Also, you can make the Class Type name a link, if the Description field’s content is just an URL.
- Color – If you want to display some classes with a different color in the schedule, you can assign a color to the Class Type. The coloring style will depend on the Schedule Style used, as each style has its own particular way to display colored classes. The color of the class will override the color of the parent class.
Go to Classes > Locations to create and manage your locations. Those will be displayed, for each class, in your schedule timetable.
- Name – Type in the name for your location. Examples: Main Room, Yoga Room, Red Room.
- Slug – The link slug for the location will be auto generated. You can type in a custom one.
- Description – If you want, you can add a description for the location. This will be displayed in a pop-up, when clicking on the Location name in the schedule. Also, you can make the Location name a link, if the Location field’s content is just an URL.
Go to Classes > Instructors to create and manage your instructors. Those will be displayed, for each class, in your schedule timetable.
- Name – Type in the name for your instructor. Examples: Mark Taylor, Diana Johnson.
- Slug – The link slug for the instructor will be auto generated. You can type in a custom one.
- Description – If you want, you can add a description for the instructor. This will be displayed in a pop-up, when clicking on the Instructor name in the schedule. Also, you can make the Instructor name a link, if the Instructor field’s content is just an URL.
Classes’ content will be displayed by default in a pop up window. If you wish to use a class page instead of the pop up window, you can go to Classes > Settings and customize the page with the following options:
- Event Single Page – If you check the Allow events to have a public single page box, your classes will have a page with URL. To activate it, you will need to go in the Schedule Builder, at Modal Options, and select Disabled.
- Event Page Template – Use this select box to choose the page template for all your class pages.
- Event Page Slug – Type in the slug for the classes URL. Default is class.
- Events Box Position – Choose the position of the info box in the class page. Available options are Center, Left and Right. You can also Disable it.
- Special Color – If you have the info box active, you can choose here the color for elements, like buttons or titles.
- Event Page Date Format – If you have the info box active, you can use this field to customize the data format.
- Show Ending Time / Duration / Location / Instructor / Map – If you have the info box active, you can use these select boxes to show/hide info.
If you check the box to display a map, you can customize it with the following options:
- Map Theme – Choose a color theme for the map: Light or Dark.
- Map Zoom Level – Enter the zoom level of the map. Default is 15.
- Map Type – Choose one of the map types available: Roadmap or Satellite.
After creating your classes, you should go at Classes > Schedule Builder and create one or several schedules, with the settings and style of your choice. You can easily manage the schedules from this tab, by adding a new one or deleting, duplicating or editing schedules you already created. Once you have your schedule built, you can use a simple shortcode to place it in a page, like this:
If you have the Visual Composer plugin installed on your platform, you can insert the schedule through our custom Visual Composer element. Click on the + button to add a VC element, select Weekly Class Schedule element from the list, and add it in the page.
The only option you need to configure is the Choose Schedule select box, where you can select which schedule you want.
The schedule can be customized through the following options:
- Schedule Style – You have 9 styles available for the schedule, each with a different layout, design and info displayed. Depending on your business and purpose of the schedule, you can choose the appropriate one. There are 3 list styles: Plain List, Compact List and Large List, a Weekly Schedule that is similar to a calendar and Weekly Tabs, that splits the classes with a tab for each day. The new styles are Events Carousel, that allows a graphical carousel display, Daily Agenda, a simple calendar view, Masonry Grid, a dynamic grid with images and Timeline, a simple vertical timeline display.
- Schedule Contents – The 3 tabs (Class Types, Locations and Instructors) allow you to define which classes will appear in the default schedule display. If you select only several Class Types / Locations / Instructors, then only the classes assigned with a selected Class Type / Location / Instructor will appear.
- Available Filters – The 3 tabs (Class Types, Locations and Instructors) allow you to define which options will appear in the filters. Please note, you have to allow filters to display them.
- Type / Location / Instructor / Label – You can use these fields to type in the label for the Class Types / Locations / Instructors info in your schedule.
- Type / Location / Instructor / Filter Label – You can use these fields to type in the label for the Class Types / Locations / Instructors filters in your schedule.
- Days of The Week Filter Label – You can type in the label for the filter allowing to sort with the 7 days of the week.
- Time of The Day Filter Label – You can type in the label for the filter allowing to sort with the Morning, Afternoon and Evening options.
- More Classes Button Label – You can type in the label for the button which loads aditional classes, that were not scheduled in the initial time selection.
- Filters Toggle Button Label – You can type in the label for the button which allows you to show or hide the filters.
- Info Button Label – You can type in the label for the button which opens the pop-up description, displayed next to each class.
- What to show, when no classes match the filters? – You can type in the message displayed when there are no available classes matching the selection.
- How many days to show? – Use this select box to choose the period of time that your schedule will display. Available options are: Show all Days, 1 / 2 / 3/ 4/ 5/ 6 Days and 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 Weeks. Please note, if you use the Show all Days option, the schedule will display all classes, with the repetitive classes displayed only once.
- Display Options – You can use the Show Schedule Title / Ending Time / Duration / Locations / Instructors / Description / Excerpt options to display or not the desired info in the schedule. Show 12-hour Clock allows you to switch from a 24-hours format time to a 12-hour AM / PM format.
- Date Format – For 3 schedule styles (Compact List, Weekly Tabs and Events Carousel) you can customize the date format in the schedule, according to WP supported date formats.
- Filter Options – You can use the Show Type / Instructors / Locations / Day of the Week / Time of the Day Filter options to display or not the desired filters. Please note, by displaying or not a filter, you might restrict the classes that the visitors will be able to see.
- Filters Position – If you allow filters, you can use this to choose the filters location. You have 3 available options : Left, Center and Right.
- Modal Options – You have two available choices for the pop-up modal window style: Small Image or Large Image. You can also Disable it, if you want to use class pages, instead of the pop up window.
- Enabled Light Modal Window – You can use this option to activate a light colored pop-up modal window.
- Show Starting & Ending Time / Duration / Locations / Instructors – You can use these options to display only the info you want in the pop up window.
- Date Format – You can use this field to change the date format for the pop up window., according to WP supported date formats.
- General Coloring – Text / Special Color – Use these options to choose the schedule colors. The special colors is used for important elements, like titles, buttons, etc.
- Weekdays Coloring – If you want to display all classes in a day with a custom color, you can assign here a color for any weekday you want.
- Grid Item Bg Color – If you use the Masonry Grid style, you can use this option to select a color for the elements background.
If you select the Events Carousel schedule style, the filter options will be replaced with several custom options, that are relevant only to the carousel.
- Show Navigation Arrows – You can use this option to display or hide navigation arrows on the left and right side of the carousel.
- Show Dots Arrows – You can use this option to display or hide navigation dots below the carousel.
- Enable Autoplay – You can use this option to activate the autoplay for the carousel.
- Enable Loop Play – You can use this option to activate the loop for the carousel.
- Autoplay Speed – You can use the select box to choose a speed level for the carousel autoplay: Fast 1-4, Normal or Slow 1-5.
- X-Large / Large / Medium / Small Devices Items – Use these select boxes to choose the number of elements to be displayed on the carousel on very large/ large / medium / small screen devices.
- Distance Between Items – Use this select box to choose the space in pixels between two carousel elements.
- Stage Padding – Use this select box to choose the padding of the carousel.
- Carousel Bg / Nav Color – Besides text and special color, the carousel elements accept a background and a navigation color.
Past Events Archive
If you want to display past events, you can create a schedule that will display only the events that are already finished. You need to select either the Plain List style or the Large List style for the option to appear, below the Modal Options. The past events schedule will display ONLY finished events, you can not display both future and past events in a single schedule.
To enable the booking functionality, you need to install and activate WooCommerce plugin. If you do not have WooCommerce installed, you can see the product page here and find out more information about it. Also, you can read the WooCommerce instructions and documentations here.
If you have WooCommerce active on your platform, you should see the tab Products in your dashboard, right below the tab WooCommerce. Go to Products > Add Product and scroll down to the Product Data section and select Schedule Ticket as the type of product, to create tickets for your classes.
The Schedule Ticket is a custom type of product that allows only basic options in the Product Data section. You can use the General tab to set the SKU and the price.
NOTE: You should use the Catalog Visibility option, from the Publish options box at the top right, to set the product as Hidden. This is a mandatory option to ensure the correct functionality of the booking feature.
Assigning Tickets to Classes
After you have created at least one ticket, you can edit your classes and assign it. Edit the class and scroll down to Class Settings section and click on the WooCommerce Tickets tab. You can customize it with the following options:
- Capacity – Use this field to type in the number of tickets you have available for this class. After all of them are booked, tickets for this class will no longer be available. If you leave this field empty, the booking functionality will not be active for this class.
- Button Label – Type in the name of your Booking button. If you leave the field empty, the button will not be displayed.
- Sold Out Label – Type in the name of your Booking button when tickets are no longer available. If you leave the field empty, the button will not be displayed after all tickets are booked.
- Sold Out Link – If you wish to add a link to the Sold Out button, you can type it here. If you leave the field empty, the button will not be clickable.
- WooCommerce Event Ticket – Use this select box to assign a ticket for the class. NOTE: You should first create, in the Products tab, a Schedule Ticket with the Catalog visibility as Hidden. A place in your class will have the price that you set for the ticket.
1. How can I populate the timetable with events?
You can fill the timetable by adding Classes, just like you would add regular WP posts. Go to Classes > Add New to create new entries. If you can’t find the Classes options panel in the dashboard, on the left sidebar, you need to activate the plugin.
2. How can I make a class to be scheduled for every week, at the same time?
When you add a new Class, from the Schedule Class options box on the right, you can choose the date and the time. Next to the ylarting time select boxes, you can find a select box that makes the class Repeat Weekly. If you select this option, the class will be scheduled for every week, at the same time, with the same settings.
3. Can I show a class as canceled in the timetable?
Yes, if you check the box Show this event as canceled. When editing a Class, you can find the check box on the Schedule Class options panel, on the right. If it is a class that is repeated weekly, all classes will appear as canceled. Classes displayed as canceled are distinctly marked in the timetable, usually with a shadow effect.
4. Is there a limit to how many Class Types, Locations or Instructors I can assign to a Class?
The plugin does not limit how many you can assign, but you should take in to consideration how this will affect the timetable design.
5. How can I display the timetable through shortcode?
After you create a timetable in the Schedule Builder, a shortcode will be auto-generated and it will be displayed on the top-right corner of the builder, under the How many days to show? option. The shortcode will have a simple structure, something like [wcs-schedule id=1] and you can place it in any area that accepts shortcodes.
6. How can I display the timetable with Visual Composer?
After you create a timetable in the Schedule Builder, you can add it in your page just like you would add any other Visual Composer element. Look for the Weekly Class Schedule element in the list. The element will display a select box, for an easy integration.
7. Can I choose another layout for the timetable?
You can choose one of the nine available styles. All layouts can display almost the same amount of information, only the style is different. You should try all to decide which one is the right one for your business.
8. Can I display a different image for each of my classes?
Yes, you can assign a featured image for each class and it will be displayed in the pop-up modal window. Still, if you want to display the images in the schedule, you will have to use the Plain List schedule style, as this is the only one designed for image display. The Events Carousel and Masonry Grid can display images also.
9. Do I have any interactions available for my classes?
Yes, you can create a custom Call-to-action button with one of the several available functions: internal or external link, mail to function and iCal Event. These functions allow visitors to send reservation mails, add the class directly to their calendar or visit a custom page for the event.
10. Can I display custom content for Instructors, Locations or Class Types?
Yes, you can add a description that will be displayed in a pop-up, when clicking on the Instructor / Location / Class Type name in the schedule. Also, you can make it a link, if the Description field’s content is just an URL.
11. How can I display a schedule with only some of my classes?
When you create one in the Schedule Builder, you can define the classes with the help of the Schedule Contents tabs. If you select only several Class Types / Locations / Instructors, then only the classes assigned with a selected Class Type / Location / Instructor will appear.
12. How can I change the starting day of the schedule?
The starting day of the schedule, depending on the schedule style, is either the current day or the first day of the week, according to your WordPress settings. If you change the first day of the week at Settings > General > Week Starts On, the change will reflect in the schedule display.
13. How can I change the time displayed for my classes to a 12-hour AM / PM clock?
You can choose between 12-hour clock and 24-hour clock for each schedule individually, in the Schedule Builder. On the right side, under the Display Options section, you can find the Show 12-hour Clock switcher. Turning this option On will switch your schedule to a 12-hour AM / PM clock.
14. How can I export / import my schedules?
In the Classes > Schedule Builder tab, under the schedules list, you will find the Backup Options button. Clicking this will display a set of buttons. If you wish to export your schedules, you can click on the Download Backup button and your data will be saved in a JSON file. You can then easily import the data by clicking on the Choose File button, browsing and selecting the JSON file and then clicking on the Import Backup Button.
15. How can I use a color for a particular class?
You can change the color of a class in the schedule by assigning a Class Type to that class and assigning a custom color to that Class Type. The coloring style will depend on the Schedule Style used, as each style has its own particular way to display colored classes. The color of the class will override the color of the parent class. Another method is through color coding the days. You can use the Weekdays Coloring tab in the Schedule Builder to assign a color for a specific day.
16. How can I set a map for a particular class?
You can assign a map individually for each class, through the Map Details tab, right below the content area. The map will be displayed in the pop-up modal window and it will appear only if you set a valid value for latitude and longitude coordinates.
17. How can I customize the design on my Events Carousel elements?
The Events Carousel schedule style doesn’t have filters, but it allows some additional graphical customizations. In the Schedule Builder, you can choose a background color for the elements and you can edit the Class post to add an Excerpt. If you don’t use Excerpt, the carousel will display the first lines of text in the class description.
18. How can I make multiple copies of a class?
In the Classes list, if you mouse over a class you will display the Duplicate Class button. Clicking on this button will create a copy of that class, with the same starting date, description, taxonomies, featured image, etc. You can edit this copy to change what you need and create similar classes very fast.
19. What do I need to set up booking for my classes?
Our booking functionality works through WooCommerce products, so you need to install and activate the WooCommerce plugin on your platform. You don’t need to do any special customizations for WooCommerce, it will work fine with the default settings.
20. How should I create a ticket for my classes?
The ticket is an WooCommerce product. When you create the product, you should go at Product Data and set it as a Schedule Ticket. You should also use the Catalog Visibility option to set it as Hidden. It is important to select both these options. Otherwise you will not be able to use this ticket for your classes.
The Weekly Class Schedule Plugin was developed by Curly Themes. Here is a list of credits and attributions:
- Handlebars JS by wycats
- Themify Icons by Themify
- Formstone Tooltip Js by Formstone
- Ladda by hakimel
- matchHeight JS by liabru
- Patternbolt by buseca
- Weekly Class Schedule 1.7.3 (August 19, 2016)
- Added Show Filters Expanded option, that allows loading the schedule with the filters already expanded.
- Fixed a bug related to left and right filters position.
- Fixed a bug related to Google Maps API.
- Updated gmaps3 to 7.1.
- Added the possibility to break lines in the class excerpt.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Weekly Class Schedule 1.7 (June 2, 2016)
- Added Class Page functionality, that allows replacing the pop up window with a class page.
- Added Last Repeat Date option, that allows settings a last date for a weekly repeatable event.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Weekly Class Schedule 1.6 (May 16, 2016)
- Added Booking functionality, that allows booking tickets through WooCommerce.
- Added Date Format option, that allows changing the date format for Compact List, Weekly Tabs and Events Carousel.
- Fixed an issue with the pop up window info display .
- Fixed an issue with the iCal button.
- Improved the Weekly Schedule style responsiveness.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Weekly Class Schedule 1.4 (April 5, 2016)
- Added the Timeline schedule style, that allows classes display in a simple, vertical timeline.
- Added the Canceled Dates option, that allows canceling recurrent future events.
- Added Date Format option, that allows choosing a custom date format for the modal box.
- Added several Modal Options, that allow showing or hiding info in the pop up window.
- Fixed an issue with the Calendar display on certain timezones.
- Fixed an issue with the Type Label display for Large List style.
- Fixed an issue with the map display.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Weekly Class Schedule 1.3.2 (March 21, 2016)
- Added the Masonry Grid schedule style, that allows classes display as grid elements.
- Added the Duplicate option, that allows creating multiple copies of a class.
- Added the Past Events option, that allows creating a schedule with only finished events.
- Improved the general Schedule compatibility.
- Fixed an issue with the Weekly Schedule style.
- Fixed several display issues.
- Fixed an issue with the pop-up modal window 12 hours clock display.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Weekly Class Schedule 1.3 (March 3, 2016)
- Added the Events Carousel schedule style, that allows classes display as carousel elements.
- Added the Daily Agenda schedule style, that allows classes display in a simple daily calendar.
- Added the Starting column in the All Classes list, that allows sorting classes by starting time.
- Improved the general Schedule Builder functionality, with more dynamic options.
- Reworked the Class options panel, for an easier customization.
- Fixed several compatibility issues.
- Fixed an issue with the pop-up modal window in Compact List style.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Weekly Class Schedule 1.2 (February 22, 2016)
- Added the Map Details tab for classes, that allows you to display a Google Map for your class.
- Added the Weekdays Color option in the Schedule Builder, that allows you to assign a color to a day.
- Fixed a color coding CSS bug.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Weekly Class Schedule 1.1 (February 18, 2016)
- Added the Backup functionality to Schedule Builder, that allows importing and exporting schedules.
- Added the Color option to Class Types panel, that allows you to use different colors for classes.
- Added the Show 12-hour Clock option in the Schedule Builder, that allows you to use a 12-hour AM / PM time for your classes.
- Added Classes XML file in the download package, that includes the demo classes.
- Added Schedule JSON file in the download package, that includes the demo schedules.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Initial Release (February 13, 2016)